Imitation Gold Tile Bulk Salvage Mix 1 Pound
This salvage assortment includes 1 pound of imitation gold tile strips and loose pieces. As a salvage product, incidental damage such as chipped corners and scratches may be present. You can sample a variety of all our imitation gold tile products with this versatile mix. Limited quantity!
Salvaged Material Included:
- Imitation Gold Mosaic Tile WAVY 10mm
- Imitation Gold Mosaic Tile WAVY 20mm
- Imitation Gold Mosaic Tile SMOOTH 10mm
- Imitation Gold Mosaic Tile SMOOTH 20mm
CAUTION: Sharp Edges and Slivers May Be Present
Imitation Gold Mosaic Glass tile is SILVER (Ag) alloy leaf fused under hand-cut glass mounted on removable clear film. These are what some competitors are selling as real gold mosaic (shame, shame), but they are great for what they are: a beautiful and economical alternative to real gold mosaic.
These are hand-cut tiles, but they are fairly square and uniform for the most part, although some are slightly irregular in shape. Note that the backs are coated with a yellow epoxy to inhibit oxidation from tarnishing the silver foil.
Imitation Gold Tile Bulk Salvage Mix
- tile size: 3/8 inch (10mm) and 3/4 inch (20mm)
- thickness: 1/8 nominal (4mm)
- sales unit: 1 lb mix of strips and loose tiles
- material: glass fused over SILVER alloy leaf
- variety: molded tile
- colorfast, UV resistant
- durability: frost-proof, impervious to liquid
- usage: suitable for indoor and outdoor use
These tiles mix well with most brands of 3/8 inch mosaic tile because their thickness is 1/8 inch nominal (4mm), which is a common industry standard. BUT, keep in mind that these hand-cut tiles do not have beveled edges like molded tile, which means they will not fit into mounting grids as deeply as the molded tile.
Cutting Imitation Gold Mosaic Glass
Cut Imitation Gold Mosaic Glass into halves, quarters, triangles and irregular shapes using our Mosaic Glass Cutter.
Use in Mosaic Art
These make an attractive and affordable alternative to real gold.