Our Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles Assortment includes all 29 shades of our 3/4-inch Morjo™ Metallic glass tile. These tiles have copper dust swirls and streaks inside the glass for a permanent sparkle. Sold by the pound (approximately 145+ pieces). These tiles are hard and durable enough for outdoor installation, yet they cut easily into halves, quarters, and triangles with little force using a pair of mosaic glass cutters. The grooved side bonds adhesive more securely.
Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles Assortment 3/4-Inch
- Sales unit: 1 pound (roughly 145+ tiles).
- Tile dimensions: 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch (20mm x 20mm).
- Tile thickness: 4mm (1/8 inch nominal).
- Material: glass with metallic copper dust swirled inside the glass.
- Coverage: each pound covers 0.69 square feet.
- Coverage: 218 loose tiles cover 1 sq ft. with grout spacing of 1/16 inch.
- Frost-proof, impervious to liquid.
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use.
Each pound covers 0.69 square feet, assuming a standard grout spacing of 1/16 inch. Coverage for 1 square foot requires 218 tiles. Note that cutting tiles generates some scrap, so you may want to budget 5% extra.
The 3/4 inch size (20mm) and 1/8 inch nominal thickness (4mm) is industry standard, which means these tiles can mix and match with a wide variety of brands.
Cutting Glass Tile
Though durable enough for outdoor mosaics, this tile cuts easily with minimal force using the mosaic glass cutters. Ordinary tile nippers are not recommended for any type of glass.
Metallic Glass Tile in Mosaic Art
Even as an occasional accent, metallic glass tile will add sparkle, depth and luminosity to any mosaic project. Break up monochromatic color fields with their metallic equivalent, or sprinkle in pieces to add drama to your details.
How To Make Mosaics
For more advice on designing your mosaic project or cutting and grouting tile, please see our Mosaic Frequently Asked Questions page or our How To Mosaic blog or our Mosaic Information Guide.