Sample Board Morjo™ Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles 3/4 Inch comes with one of each tile in our color palette in the 3/4 inch (20mm) size. Here is more information about the tiles and how they are used:
Morjo™ Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles have powdered copper swirled inside the molten glass for a permanent sparkle. Sold by the 1/2 pound (approximately 75+ pieces). These tiles are frost proof and can be used outdoors, yet they can be cut into halves, quarters, and triangles with little force using a pair of Mosaic Glass Cutters. The backs of the tiles are embossed with grooves for improved bond strength.
Morjo™ 3/4-Inch Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles
- Price is per 1/2 pound (roughly 75+ tiles).
- Tile dimensions: 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch (20mm x 20mm).
- Tile thickness: 4mm (1/8 inch nominal).
- Material: glass with metallic copper dust swirled inside the glass.
- Coverage: each 1/2 pound covers 0.35 square feet.
- Coverage: 218 loose tiles cover 1 sq ft. with grout spacing of 1/16 inch.
- Frost-proof, impervious to liquid.
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use.
Each 1/2 pound covers 0.35 square feet assuming a standard grout spacing of 1/16 inch. To cover 1 square foot, 218 tiles are required. Note that cutting tiles generates some scrap, so you may want to budget 5% extra. You can use our tile estimator to help calculate how much you need for your project.
The 3/4 inch size (20mm) and 1/8 inch nominal thickness (4mm) is an industry standard, which means these tiles can be used with a wide variety of brands.
Cuts easily with minimal force using the mosaic glass cutters. Ordinary tile nippers are not recommended for any type of glass.
Use in Mosaic Art
Metallic glass tile can be used to literally add sparkle and break up monotonous color fields. Monotonous color fields made from one tile color are boring and not nearly as interesting as color fields made from several related hues or even shades of the same hue. The occasional metallic glass tile can also be added for sparkle and visual interest.