Our Mosaic Starter Kit with Compound Nipper is the same as our regular Mosaic Starter Kit, but it includes the Compound Tile Nipper for hard porcelain and stone instead of the regular Mosaic Tile Nipper. The Compound Tile Nipper has a force multiplier which allows you to cut hard ceramics and stone with much less effort. The kit includes professional tools, adhesive, grout, 300 glass mosaic tiles, and access to our online mosaic instructions.
Although the kit was designed with beginners in mind, it includes the same tools and materials used by full-time mosaic artists and professional architectural installers. Notice that we didn’t include ordinary household items like plastic trays for mixing like most craft kits do. Our kit is made of only essential items like tile, grout, glue, and hand tools. Also note that we didn’t include small sample-sized amounts. The mosaic tile grout and glue in this kit are the standard size we sell, and the tools are the same as those used by professionals when installing murals. The kit was designed by our resident mosaic artist and are packed right in our shop. Don’t expect a lot of shrink-wrapping and labels and custom packaging -just value!
Compound Nipper Mosaic Art Starter Kit Components
Our Compound Nipper Mosaic Art Starter Kit includes:
- 1x Mosaic Glass Cutter for smalti, glass mosaic tile and stained glass.
- 1x Compound Tile Nipper for hard ceramic tile, stone, and dinnerware.
- 1x Weldbond Mosaic Adhesive 420 ml Bottle.
- 1x Gray Mosaic Tile Grout 2 lb Tub.
- 1x Safety Glasses with Side Shields for cutting and grouting.
- 2 pounds of assorted 3/4-inch vitreous glass mosaic tiles (approximately 300 tiles).
- access to our online how-to-mosaic instructions.
How To Make Mosaic Art
For more advice on designing your mosaic project or mounting, cutting, and grouting tile, please see our page of Mosaic Frequently Asked Questions or our Mosaic Information Guide, which lists instructional pages described by topic. We also post new articles about making mosaics at our How to Mosaic Blog.