Sample Board Morjo™ Iridescent Glass Tiles 3/4 Inch comes with one of each tile in our color palette in the 3/4 inch (20mm) size. The Morjo™ brand or iridescent tiles are mildly iridized so that the underlying colors aren’t obscured, which is a plus when creating images. Here is more information about the tiles and how they are used:
Morjo™ Iridescent Glass Mosaic Tiles 3/4 inch (20mm) are sold loose by the half pound (approximately 75 pieces). The backs are plain colored glass with embossed ridges and grooves to help adhesives bond securely. The 3/4-inch width and ~1/8-inch thickness are standard dimensions, so you can mix and match these with many other brands of tile. All our glass tiles can be cut easily with the Mosaic Glass Cutter
Note that the iridescence is MILD and not so glossy that the underlying color is obscured. This is a definite plus because glass that is heavily iridized tends to look the same no matter what color the glass is underneath. These tiles show a significant amount of the underlying color and can be used to render polychromatic images.
Morjo™ Iridescent Glass Mosaic Tiles 3/4-Inch
- Price is per 1/2 pound.
- Tile dimensions: 3/4″ x 3/4″ (A standard size and compatible with vitreous tiles from most other manufacturers).
- Tile thickness: 1/8″ nominal.
- Coverage: each bag covers 0.35 sq ft. with a grout spacing of 1/16 inch.
- Coverage: 218 loose tiles cover 1 sq ft. with a grout spacing of 1/16 inch.
- Pigments: colorfast metal oxide.
- Only the faces are iridized. The backs are standard finish and embossed with ridges for more secure bonding.
- cuts easily with a Mosaic Glass Cutter.
- frost proof.
- impervious to liquids.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor installation.
- NOT suitable for floors.
Each bag covers 0.35 square feet with a grout spacing of 1/16 inch. Use our tile estimator
to calculate how much you need for your project.
Tile thickness is approximately 1/8 inch, which is the same as the other 3/8-inch and 3/4-inch glass mosaic tile we sell.
All the glass mosaic tile we sell can be cut quickly with minimal force using a Mosaic Glass Cutter
For dry indoor mosaics, stained glass can be mounted using Weldbond adhesive
, but thinset mortar
should be used for outdoor and wet mosaics.
How To Make Mosaic Art
For more advice on designing your mosaic project or mounting, cutting, and grouting tile, please see our page of Mosaic Frequently Asked Questions
or our Mosaic Information Guide
, which lists instructional pages described by topic. We also post new articles about making mosaics at our How to Mosaic Blog