The Hercules Precision Stone Chopping Machine Model 17KG is factory-grade equipment for making precision cuts in marble mosaic tile and hard porcelain. The machine’s upper blade is lowered by a screw mechanism that requires much less effort than handheld cutting tools, and the cuts are made smoothly and efficiently. There’s no comparison really. This machine is designed to be operated all day long in a commercial environment. No worker could make as many cuts in a day with a nipper.
The cut quality is also vastly superior. With the chopping machine, you have more precise control and can cut thinner sections. The lower blade is adjustable to ensure the most precise cuts possible. Made in Turkey by the Birgul Gul company.
The cutting blades that come installed in the machine work very well for all types of marble and stone.
Hercules Precision Stone Chopping Machine
- factory-grade construction.
- manually powered using comfort-grip hand wheel.
- screw mechanism for smooth, efficient cuts.
- adjustable lower blade.
- comes with set of stone/porcelain blades installed.
- weight: 34.7 lbs
- height of machine: just under 14 inches
- diameter of hand wheel: 10 inches
- box dimensions are 12 x 13 x 17 inches
Safety and Cutting Tile
Keep Away From Children. This is factory/shop equipment.
The smooth, efficient cuts made by this machine are MUCH safer than those made by handheld nippers, which snap when they cut and send pieces flying all the time. With these machines, you shouldn’t have pieces flying at all, or at least very rarely. That being said, you should still observe the basic safety rules for using a compressive cutting tools:
- Always wear safety glasses with side shields when cutting.
- Make sure that you don’t cut tile around people who are not wearing safety glasses. Flying chips could potentially hit their eyes as easily as yours.
- Be aware that cutting tile of any type can produce sharp edges.
- Crumbs from cutting can be extremely sharp. Never sweep off a work surface with your bare hand. Use a vacuum or counter brush.
How To Make Mosaics
For more advice on designing your mosaic project or mounting, cutting, and grouting tile, please see our page of Mosaic Frequently Asked Questions or our Mosaic Information Guide, which lists instructional pages described by topic. We also post new articles about making mosaics at our How to Mosaic Blog.