Flower-Shaped Millefiori Artist Stocking Stuffer Gift Pouch is our regular mosaic artist material per-packed in a clear plastic gift pouch. Not recommended for young children who might put the pieces into their mouths. It looks like candy, and it is a choking hazard.
Flower-Shaped Millefiori Glass 8mm-12mm (5/16 inch to 1/2 inch) by Mud Turtle Mosaic™ is sold in 2-ounce units (approximately 55+ pieces). Instead of being round disks like regular millefiori, our Flower-Shaped Millefiori is in the shape of a five-petal flower.
What Is Millefiori?
Millefiori is a traditional form of art glass that is disk-shaped with different multicolored patterns and is used in glass fusing, jewelry, and mosaic art.
This is a problematic question because the millefiori was intended to be used as an accent instead of as area coverage, and the piece size can vary. That being said, one 2-ounce bag should cover roughly 5 or 6 square inches, but that will depend somewhat on how efficiently you nest the pieces.
The thickness varies, usually running between 1/8 inch and 3/16 inch. This makes it about the same thickness as most of the glass mosaic tile we sell, with some pieces slightly thicker.
In theory the millefiori can be cut using a pair of Mosaic Glass Cutters, but the pieces are already small enough to make cutting unnecessary and problematic.
- Price is per 2 ounces (approximately 55+ pieces)
- Diameter: approximately 8 to 12 mm (5/16 inch to 1/2 inch).
- Thickness: roughly 1/8 inch and 3/16 inch.
- Coverage: each 2 ounce bag should cover roughly 5 or 6 square inches.
- Material: glass with solid color throughout.
- Coefficient Of Expansion (COE): 90.
- frost proof.
- impervious to liquids.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor installation.
- Not suitable for floors.