Colored Glass Mirror Tile Bulk Salvage Mix is a 1-lb rainbow mix of salvaged 15mm colored glass tile strips and loose tile. These are salvaged scrap pieces that may have chipped corners or minor scratches. Use this vivid and vibrant reflective tile assortment to create decorative accents and borders, or incorporate into mixed media projects. Limited quantity!
We also have bulk strips of individual colors.
Colored Glass Mirror Tile Bulk Salvage Mix
- tile size: 9/16 inch (15mm)
- thickness: 1/8 nominal (4mm)
- sales unit: 1 lb, approximately 200 tiles
- material: glass
- variety: translucent colored glass with slight ripples and bubbles in the surface for an artistic look
- pigments: colorfast, UV resistant
- durability: impervious to liquid
Advantages of Our Colored Glass Tile
Colored Glass Mirror Tile 15mm is high-quality tile suitable for architectural installation indoors and outdoors. Unlike the cheap crafting tiles sold by our competitors, the silver is more securely bonded into the back side of the glass, and the glass itself is actually pigmented. (Exceptions: Gilt, Metallic, Brass, etc., where the metallic color comes from the alloy of silver on the back). Surface coatings on competitors’ products scratch easily off of their cheap clear glass. The foil on their product also comes off the glass when cutting the tiles. Not so with our mirror tile. You can cut them with confidence. Read our warning about the inferior mirror tile sold by competitors.
Limitations of Use
Due to a lack of long-term test data, we do not advise the use of colored mirror tile in swimming pool installations. (Use in pools would be at customer risk and require best practices for grouting and sealing).
- Install INDOORS for longest life.
- OUTDOOR use should be ok, but avoid high chlorine and sulfur environments and cleaning with acid.
- Product has been tested in UV sunlight and installed in low and high temperature locations with no problems observed to date.
- Avoid using mounting mesh.
- Avoid using in environments high in chlorine or sulfur.
- Our opinion is that these could last a long time in an outdoor mosaic patio table if thoroughly sealed, but these are a new product and aging over years and decades is unknown.
Because these tiles have the same thickness as most of the glass tile we sell (1/8 inch nominal), they can mix with other types and brands.
Cutting Colored Glass Mirror Tile
We recommend using the wheel-blade Mosaic Glass Cutter we sell to cut these and other types of glass mosaic tile. Unlike cheaply made competitors’ mirror tiles, cutting these tiles will not cause the silver to fall of the glass.
Use of Colored Glass in Mosaic Art
These mirror tiles have a waviness in the glass and silver which make the reflections distorted compared to a normal flat mirror tile. The purpose of the mirror in these tiles is to reflect light rather than to form distinct images.