Aventurine brand Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles have copper dust inside the glass for a permanent sparkle. Sold by the pound (approximately 145+ pieces). These tiles are hard and durable enough for outdoor installation, yet they can quickly be cut into halves and quarters and triangles with little force using a pair of mosaic glass cutters. The backs of the tiles are grooved for secure mounting.
Aventurine 3/4-Inch Metallic Glass Mosaic Tiles
- Price is per 1 pound (roughly 145+ tiles).
- Tile dimensions: 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch (20mm x 20mm).
- Tile thickness: 4mm (1/8 inch nominal).
- Material: glass with metallic copper dust swirled inside the glass.
- Coverage: each pound covers 0.69 square feet.
- Coverage: 218 loose tiles cover 1 sq ft. with grout spacing of 1/16 inch.
- Frost-proof, impervious to liquid.
- Suitable for indoor/outdoor use.
Each pound covers 0.69 square feet assuming a standard grout spacing of 1/16 inch. To cover 1 square foot, 218 tiles are required. Note that cutting tiles generates some scrap, so you may want to budget 5% extra. You can use our tile estimator to help calculate how much you need for your project.
The 3/4 inch size (20mm) and 1/8 inch nominal thickness (4mm) is an industry standard, which means these tiles can be used with a wide variety of brands.
Cuts easily with minimal force using the mosaic glass cutters. Ordinary tile nippers are not recommended for any type of glass.
Use in Mosaic Art
Metallic glass tile can be used to literally add sparkle and break up monotonous color fields. Monotonous color fields made from one tile color are boring and not nearly as interesting as color fields made from several related hues or even shades of the same hue. The occasional metallic glass tile can also be added for sparkle and visual interest.
How To Make Mosaics